ADSM-L

Re: ADSM errors on NT platforms

1997-09-03 11:58:59
Subject: Re: ADSM errors on NT platforms
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:58:59 -0400
According to the README file that comes with ADSM, you don't need to be
a member of the admin group... you need the following rights....

2. Required NT Account User Rights for running ADSM

         The NT account running ADSM must possess the following
         user rights in order to be able to backup the NT registry
         and NTFS files/directories:

            Backup Files
            Restore Files
            Manage Auditing and Security Logs

         Note that the above user rights behave differently on domain
         controllers than on stand alone NT servers/workstations.

         No special user rights are required to backup/restore FAT
files.

   3. Modifying NT Built-in Backup Operators Group to Run ADSM

         The built-in NT Backup Operators local group may be modified to
         work with ADSM by adding the Managing Auditing and Security
Logs
         user right.

         If the NT machine running ADSM is a domain controller the group
MUST
         be modified with the User Manager for Domains administrative
utility.

         If the machine is an NT workstation or standalone server the
group
         MUST be modified with the local User Manager administrative
utility.

Regards...
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com