ADSM-L

Sequent client problems?

1997-08-13 17:15:06
Subject: Sequent client problems?
From: Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:15:06 -0400
We are having a problem backing up a static 718 MB Oracle dat file.

We are getting indications from IBM that the size of
the file(s) is playing a role in the consistent
failures of backups for the Sequent client.
(ie, it's too big)

Anyone else having any problems backing up files, especially
this size, using a Sequent client over TCP/IP?

Sequent OS    : DYNIX/ptx 4.0 V4.1.3 i386
Sequent client: 2.1.6
MVS server    : 2.1.7

TIA,
Sean