ADSM-L

Re: OnBAR on Solaris

1997-08-13 11:29:55
Subject: Re: OnBAR on Solaris
From: David Armes <davida AT MAILSERVER.AIXSSC.UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:29:55 +0100
>Kai

I have had the same battle at one point.  It does work.

The best source I found is the README file.  Other things to check are :

The DSMI_XXXX environment variables which point to config files etc

If you have followed the readme and still have problems, you might like to
try running a service trace on the ADSM client.

Add

traceflags service
tracefile /tmp/trace.out

to the options file (standard or one pointed to by the DSMI_CONFIG variable)
and then initiate a backup from OnBar.  The trace file will be big(-ish)
but should be reasonably ok to follow.

It was that that did it for me.

Hope this helps

Dave

--
David Armes                     email : davida AT mailserver.aixssc.uk.ibm DOT
com
David Armes                     email : davida AT mailserver.aixssc.uk.ibm DOT
com
ADSM Technical Advisor          TEL   : 01705 499966
AIX-SSC  (AL11)                 FAX   : 01256 812709
"A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother"