ADSM-L

Re: Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT

1997-08-06 14:26:44
Subject: Re: Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:26:44 -0400
Angel,
        This is been a topic of discussion in the past on this list server
group.  You can't move ADSM from AIX to MVS or NT by just restoing the
database to the new platform.  Provided the platform your migrating
from/to have the same type of tape drives, you can do an ADSM export on
your AIX server, then an ADSM import on the new server.  I've done this
in the opposite direction (MVS to AIX), first by doing an export server
filedata=no (this grabs the policy domain, policy set, management class,
copy group, schedules, admin and client information), importing it to
the ADSM AIX server, then modifying the device classes, storagepools,
etc, to match the hardware on the new environment.  Then it was just a
matter of exporting each node, then importing them to the new platform.
This is a slow, tedious process  but it does work.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com