ADSM-L

Re: Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT

1997-08-06 15:53:40
Subject: Re: Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT
From: "C. Michael Kunde" <CMK1%CTS%DCPP AT BANGATE.PGE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:53:40 PDT
sounds like bad magic...errrrrr, bad management. m>.

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------
Sent by:"Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Sent by:"Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
 Has anyone ever taken an ADSM AIX server and moved it to an ADSM
MVSplatform or an ADSM NT platform?  Our managment has made a decision
toget rid of AIX platforms, and that implies moving our ADSM system overto
MVS and/or NT.  We have a lot of clients with terabytes of data andwe'd
hate to have to reback everything up all over again.  We'd be usingthe
same tape technology (3590's) in MVS and we were wondering ifbuilding an
MVS ADSM system and moving the AIX ADSM database over wouldwork, (as well
as moving the tapes over and pointing the clients to thenew ADSM
server)?Thanks,Angel Boles