ADSM-L

Disaster recovery disk pools

1997-07-11 17:32:27
Subject: Disaster recovery disk pools
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:32:27 EDT
I have 2 disk pools, one for the directory management class, one
for everything else... and one tape pool.
I backup both disk pools and the tape pool to a copy pool called
OFFSITEPOOL, for disaster recovery.
I did a Query Contents on every tape in the OFFSITEPOOL, to determine
which tapes I need to bring to the hotsite to recover our 4 test
cases.
My question is, do I have to recover any disk pool (like the one
for the dir mgmt class) before I start client recoveries.. I don't,
right?  Since I did the Q CON on the OFFSITEPOOL, I should have all
the tapes I need for those 4 clients, directories included.  If I
issue a restore storage pool on my disk pools, it won't work, I won't
have the tapes.. but I don't need them.  Right??  Can anyone verify?
TIA -
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM