ADSM-L

How to exclude sym links from archive?

1997-07-11 10:32:15
Subject: How to exclude sym links from archive?
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 16:32:15 +0200
Hi,

Does anybody out there know whether there is a way to exclude
symbolic links from an archive operation?

We are doing a 'archive -subdir=yes /myfilesystem' on a node
that contains rather a lot of symbolic links.

ADSM writes all the files to which the links point to tape.
This is not what we want to happen. Is there a way to tell ADSM
to skip those links? I can't find it anywhere in the manuals.

Regards,

Alexander

(running ADSM V2.1.0.12 on a SP2 (AIX 4.1.4.0) using 3494 with 4 3590 units,
 backup/archive client's 2.1.0.6 on AIX 3.2, AIX 4.1.4, SunOs, Solaris,
 IRIX, Win95, WinNT, HSM client's 2.1.0.6 on AIX 4.1.4.0)

* Alexander Verkooijen     * SARA                  *
* Systems Programmer       * Academic Computing    *
* alexander AT sara DOT nl        * Services Amsterdam    *