ADSM-L

Re: Two ADSM/6000, one IBM3494

1997-06-26 02:52:26
Subject: Re: Two ADSM/6000, one IBM3494
From: Werner Baur <Werner.Baur AT LRZ-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 08:52:26 +0200
I am pleased to see that I am not the only one having this problem. I am
planning to establish a very similar configuration. For dynamic tape
sharing which is mandatory for this environment you need NetTape or a
similar product.
Right now we are going to evaluate NetTape (and others) in the
environment you described. If you are interested we can share the
results.

Werner

Udo Wanders wrote:

> Hi there !
> We have installed two ADSM/6000 on two different maschines. Both machines have
> installed library controller for the same IBM 3494 with four drives IBM 3590.
> We want to share the tapeload on the two ADSM server dynamically.
> Do we need extra software (NetTAPE) to control the reserves of the tapedrives
> and for dynamic sharing of the tapeload ?
> Does anybody else has experiences sharing one library between more than one
> ADSM
> on more than one physical machine ?
>
> Udo Wanders
> Bayer AG, Leverkusen
>
> UDO.WANDERS.UW AT bayer-ag DOT de

Werner Baur
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum   X.400: S=Baur;OU=lrz;P=lrz-muenchen;A=d400;C=de
Barer Str. 21          RFC822: Werner.Baur AT lrz DOT de
D-80333 Muenchen         Tel.: ++49-89-28928781
Germany                   Fax: ++49-89-2809460