ADSM-L

Ye ole "missing tape" problem

1997-06-23 11:29:59
Subject: Ye ole "missing tape" problem
From: Martha McConaghy <URMM AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:29:59 EDT
I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't remember how to solve the
problem.  One of our tape pools started to do a reclaimation last week until
one of the tapes it requested turned up missing.  An extensive search was
conducted, but the tape is just gone.  It was probably not labeled properly
and was reused by another process.

Our problem is, what to do with the reclaimation?  We have marked the tape
as unavailable, but the process asks for it anyway.  We can't seem to get
ADSM to understand that the tape and its contents are gone.  Any suggestions?
We are running ADSM v1 under VM.

Martha