ADSM-L

Just some twisted humor.

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Just some twisted humor.
From: Dwight E. Cook [SMTP:decook AT AMOCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     OK, sorry to all those who don't want to see this...

     Going over figures the other day I wondered...
     that was my first fatal mistake
     and I came up with this...

     OK, we calculated up the data ADSM has on tape currently...

     If we moved it to floppy disks it would take:

     29,468,652 : 1.44 MB disks (stack 8 per inch = 58 mile high stack*)
     58,937,302 : 720 KB disks  (  "   "  "    "  = 116 mile high stack*)
     117,874,606 : 360 KB disks (sorry, don't know... way up there)

     oh, the number works out to be 40.47 terabytes, or is that teraYIKES!

     OK, OK, OK, I'll go home & get some sleep now...

     but I think this points out the abilities of ADSM & 3590's

     later
         Dwight

     * height estimate does not take into consideration the crush factor
     associated with / resulting from the weight of the disks OR the lack
     of due to reduced gravitational forces found at the upper extream.