ADSM-L

Re: DATASET NOT ALLOCATED

1997-05-27 07:54:31
Subject: Re: DATASET NOT ALLOCATED
From: Francis Maes <fr.maes AT CGER DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:54:31 +0100
Bonjour Brenda,

Here is the BookManager explanation about message IKJ56241i:
  NO UNIT AVAILABLE

  Explanation:  The dynamic allocation error code is 0214.  If
  type is SYSOUT DATA SET, the operation was attempted on an
  internal reader.  For more information, refer to MVS/ESA SP V4
  Authorized Assembler Programming Guide.

Now, some questions:
1) are you controlling tape (or cartridge) allocation with SMS?
2) are you sure that messages IEC705I & IKJ56241I are speeking about the
same file? The first DSN is ADSM.BFS and the second is ADSM.BFS.V206 .
Where is this V206 comming from?
3) what softwares are you using on MVS to control allocations of
datasets on tape. (GRS / MIM, RMM / HSC, CA/1 or something else other
that can modify the Eligible Device Table)

More questions that answers !!!

Read you later,
Francis.

Mekgwe Brenda Datavia wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Can somebody please help, we've been receiving the following message on
> ADSM MVS server for quite some time, so this came to our attention to
> find out what does it mean and what effect does it have to the ADSM
> database.
>
> IEC705I TAPE ON 360, A04425,SL,COMP,ADSM,ADSM,ADSM.BFS
> IEC271I MESSAGE DISPLAY 'A04425' ON 360 ISSUED BY JOB ADSM
> IKJ56241I DATA SET ADSM.BFS.V206 NOT ALLOCATED+
> IKJ56241I NO UNIT AVAILABLE
>
> Any help please will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Brenda Mekgwe
> Datavia, Transnet
> South Africa
>
> BRENDA MEKGWE

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belguim
ADSM Server Administrator       Rue Fossi-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 Brussels
Storage Management              E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be