ADSM-L

TCP/IP 3.2 much better

1997-05-22 09:52:11
Subject: TCP/IP 3.2 much better
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:52:11 +0200
Hello tout le monde,

since my last message concerning unlimited waits during Restores and
TCP/IP V3R2 (MVS 5.2.0 as server, ADSM 2.1.0.12), we progressed
considerably.

We are now running this newest version (3.2) but we had to apply the
last corrections (PTF's) available from IBM-Support. The Restores run
fine, no more problems.

The backups too. But please pay attention not to let any trace running
inside TCP/IP. We did this by inadvertence (trace on) and noticed 100%
performance degradation, which is quite normal anyway!

René Lambelet, Nestle, CH-1800 Vevey