ADSM-L

Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system

1997-05-22 10:09:22
Subject: Re: Using ADSM to restore Win/NT 4.0 operating system
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:09:22 -0500
I don't know if it can be done with NT -- but this is the way linux
boot-straps into a machine for installation. Two disks, though. The boot
disk builds a ram drive, creates the filesystems on the ram drive, and
decompresses the kernel into the ram drive. Then you swap out the boot
disk for a 'run' disk. The kernel supports the file system and
networking, the run disk has the assorted commands.

I'd like to see an equivalent for both NT and AIX.

Tom Kauffman