ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Read Performance

1997-05-06 08:50:09
Subject: Re: 3590 Read Performance
From: "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 07:50:09 -0500
David,
We have 3590s in 3490 compatiblity mode.  We restore almost 1GB/hr on a
co-located tape from MVS on a 9672 to a Netware server via a 100Mb/s
fddi card.  If a tape is not co-located it will absolutely kill your
performance on restore regardless of any other hardware you may have.
It's pay me now or pay me later.

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri

"No sir! Away! A papaya war is on" - Palindrome Pete