ADSM-L

Re: Migration to R2

1997-04-23 16:10:00
Subject: Re: Migration to R2
From: "Siska, Bob" <BSISKA AT NCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:10:00 PDT
If you had moved your DASD storage pool datasets from 3380 to 3390s using a
utility other than the ADSM Delete, you will have problems. I believe we
used FDR to move the datasets and they were working fine until we got to
version 2; the files couldn't handle the convert and we lost the backups in
them. Since ADSM had already converted the database before accessing the
DASD files, we decided to go ahead and lose the backups on DASD.
A workaround would be to flush the data out of the DASD datasets using a low
migration before Upgrading and then delete the old volumes and add new ones.
Bob Siska
National Computer Systems
Iowa City