ADSM-L

Re: Migration to R2

2015-10-04 18:08:48
Subject: Re: Migration to R2
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 4/22/97 4:27PM
We migrated a long time ago, but it was fairly straight forward.  We just
followed the instructions in the installation manual.  I don't think you can
bring up the V1 and V2 clients concurrently - the DB must be converted the
first time you start V2, and then you must use the Dump tape if you need to
go back.  I don't remember of heearing any horror stories here about having
to go back...... I think everyone just did the migration as documented.

One suggestion I would make - when installing the server, apply all of the
maintenance to it as well - Level 12 is now current.  There was an APAR down
around level 6 that was a "one way" apply - it added fields to the DevClass
DB entries if I remember correctly, and was sort of a surprise to us.  No
problems - but you might as well get all of these "gotchas" out of the way at
once.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE