ADSM-L

HP/UX Client and VXFS / Veritas FS.

1997-04-22 06:33:03
Subject: HP/UX Client and VXFS / Veritas FS.
From: Markus Fehling <fehling AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:33:03 CES
Hi

I want to clarify what kind of file system the ADSM Client
for HP/UX 10 supports.
HP introduced the VXFS file system with UX 10. This is the
HP implementation of a "Journal File System".
This FS is  ** NOT **  the Veritas FS.
ADSM does support THIS VXFS.

Unfortunately the VERITAS FS is also listed as "VXFS" in /etc/mnttab.
But the VERITAS FS is known as DCFS (Distributed Computing FS) by ADSM.
Currently we do not support this kind of FS.
(
  We have plans to support this FS in the future,
  but this is not a commitment,
  and we have no official date for this.
)
With best regards,
With best regards,

Markus Fehling                    e-mail: fehling AT vnet.ibm DOT com

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Dept.: 0005
Hechtsheimer Str. 2
D-55131 Mainz