ADSM-L

Migration and caching

1997-04-22 07:18:08
Subject: Migration and caching
From: Paresh Chudasma <paresh AT CAPLIN.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:18:08 +0000
Dear ADSMers,

        Here is a scenario,  I have two primary storage pools, one on disk
for performance and a
        second on serial device.

        The disk primary pool filters to the serial storage pool using nextstg.

        On the first night I peform an initial backup, which goes onto the
disk storage pool and
        is then migrated to the serial storage pool.  Note I have caching
enabled.

        If I allow for versioning and perform an incremental backup of a
changed file on a
        subsequent night to disk and then perform a migration to the serial
storage pool but
        another volume in that pool;

        Does the entire disk storage pool get migrated again or only the
changed file ?

        Any ideas ?

Regards Paresh Chudasma