ADSM-L

tape drives

1997-04-15 10:54:27
Subject: tape drives
From: Karl Roessmann <roess AT AND.MPI-STUTTGART.MPG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:54:27 +0200
Hello,
We started with ADSM 2.1 Level 0.2
We have a manual 8mm Library with two drives and it seems
That the server never uses both drives simultaneously.

This is the Library:
                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                  Library Type: MANUAL
                        Device:
              Private Category:
              Scratch Category:
              External Manager:

and this are the drives:
                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                    Drive Name: DRIVE_8MM_0
                   Device Type: 8MM
                        Device: /dev/mt0
                       Element:

                  Library Name: MANLIB_8MM
                    Drive Name: DRIVE_8MM_1
                   Device Type: 8MM
                        Device: /dev/mt1
                       Element:

the server uses both drives, alternating , but he never
uses both drives simultaneously.  Even if only one drive
has mounted a tape, I get:

ANR1440I All drives in use.  Process 15 being preempted by higher
priority
operation.

Any ideas ?

Karl Roessmann
Karl Roessmann
Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart
Heisenbergstr. 1
70506 Stuttgart

Tel. +49-711-689-1657
Fax. +49-711-689-1632
email roess AT and.mpi-stuttgart.mpg DOT de