ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & Tape Libraries

1997-04-10 09:47:00
Subject: Re: ADSM & Tape Libraries
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:47:00 EST
Bruce,

We use DRM and sometime this year will get a 3494 tape library for our 3590
drives.  We assumed our current command MOVE DRMEDIA would cause the tapes
to automatically be unloaded, and according to help on the MOVE DRMEDIA
command, when you specify WHERESTATE=MOUNTABLE, that should happen.  If
you're not using this command yet (which is probably the case if you're new
to DRM), give it a try.  Use that instead of UPDATE VOL to change the status
to OFFSITE.  The order is MOUNTABLE, NOTMOUNTABLE, COURIER.

Excerpt from HELP MOVE DRMEDIA (wherestate options):
     MOUNTABLE
          Specifies that volumes are to transition from the MOUNTABLE state
to the
NOTMOUNTABLE state if the TOSTATE is not specified.  If the volumes are in
an automated
library, MOVE DRMEDIA will eject the volumes out of the library before
transition the volumes
to the destination state.  Volumes in the MOUNTABLE state contain valid data
and are available
for onsite processing.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics