ADSM-L

Re: ADSM & Tape Libraries

1997-04-10 10:10:15
Subject: Re: ADSM & Tape Libraries
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 15:10:15 +0100
Bruce,

To answer Tina's point:

We use DRM with 3494/3590 (AIX server 2.1.5.12) and MOVE DRM ejects the
tapes from the robot.

[We also use update vol first to select only FULL tapes - updating the
location to "READY" and then call MOVE DRM including WHERELOC=READY to
move those tapes.]

If full command examples are needed let me know.

Best wishes, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275