ADSM-L

Copypool offsite

1997-04-09 12:38:47
Subject: Copypool offsite
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:38:47 -0600
Environemnt: Server MVS using TMS.

I want to sent my copypool to an offsite location.   In order to do that I
need to know which tapes these are.  I want to be able to route these
tape volume numbers to either 1).   a pull list report   2) Use AFOPER?
Manually looking every time the process is run is not an acceptable
option, I need to put in place an automatic method.

If I could some how distingish between the copypool tapes and the
backuppool tapes in regards to the Dataset name produced, 'they both
look like ADSM.BFS' verses the database backup tapes that look like
ADSM.DBB as its dataset name.

How are the rest of you folks doing this and any suggestions would be
great.     Thanks, Jane