ADSM-L

Re: Restoring files to another machine

1997-04-08 08:08:00
Subject: Re: Restoring files to another machine
From: dan thompson <thompsod AT USAA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 07:08:00 -0500
Matti,

  On NT or OS/2 I can accomplish the same this by setting up a different
options file that allows a client to connect as another client.  On thos
platforms this can be done by making another DSM.OPT and temporarily
resetting the DSM_CONFIG environment variable to the file with NODENAME of
the other client.  From that point on a typical restore can be done.  On
the two aforementioned platforms the volume labels on drives are often
different between systems.  In order to get around this one must use the
{filespace}\ notation instead of x:\.  I hope this is helpful considering
you will obviously have to apply it conceptually to your operating system.

Dan T.