ADSM-L

CA-1/TMS original name

1997-04-03 09:59:13
Subject: CA-1/TMS original name
From: Ted Spendlove <SPENDEE AT THIOKOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:59:13 -0600
CA-1/TMS original name

If my memory serves, and it is serving less reliably as the years go by, this
package originally
was marketed by a company called "University Computing Company" and the product
was
called UCC1.

By the way I cannot imagine MVS without a tape management system of some kind
either.

Ted Spendlove
Thiokol Corp.

>>> "Clendenny, Ronald D." <rdclendenny AT CAL.UE DOT COM> 04/03/97 08:56am >>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, group, but I feel a tape management program
such as CA-1 or RMM is a basic and inexpensive necessity for any MVS
system.  I know that does not answer your question, but I can't imagine
MVS without tape management.

Trivia: What was CA-1's original name?  No credit if you said TMS, I
mean before that.

Ron Clendenny  <rdclendenny AT cal.ue DOT com>
Callaway Nuclear Power Plant
Fulton, Missouri

"