ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-01-21 10:22:44
From: Tom Kauffman <kauffman AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:22:44 -0500
Andy Pryer wrote:

>      I'm trying to install ADSM onto on IBM SP2, AIX 4.1.4.  The install of
>      ADSM is no problem, and works fine if I use normal files for database
>      & log volumes.
>
>      However, if I try to use VSD ( Virtual Shared Disk ), the ADSM server
>      will not use the raw logical volumes provided.  It complains that they
>      are too small, when in fact they are 256MB. The following error is
>      generated :-

Andy -

Unless something changed in PSSP 2.2 that I've missed, VSD is really
supported for  Oracle Parallel Edition databases only. If I remember
correctly, one of the other database outfits was also going to support
VSD, but I don't remember which one. In any case, I don't think VSD is
the way to go with ADSM.

Are you trying to set something up for fallover support? I'm curious why
you think you want or need VSD.

Tom Kauffman
Senior Technical Advisor
NIBCO, Inc.