ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server

1996-12-31 09:34:12
Subject: Re: ADSM Server
From: Andy Raibeck <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 06:34:12 PST
Joseph Tan writes:

>I am presently running an ADSM server on OS/2 communication: TCP/IP.
>I have encounter this error and hope you could me..

>ANR0206W : Partial write detected on database volume d:\ADSMSERV\DB1.DSM,
>           logical page 262 ( physical page 518 ).

>ANR7837S : Internal error Buf011 detected.

>I could like to know how could I solve this problem and what I should take
>note to prevent for future happening as this happen twice this year.

Well, your database sounds like it's corrupted. Do you mirror your database?
If so, then try adding this to your dsmserv.opt file:

     MIRRORREAD DB VERIFY

Then try restarting the ADSM server. If all is well, the database volumes
should re-sync. At this time, shut the server down, remove the above line,
then restart.

If you are not mirroring the database, then you are in database recovery
mode. Depending on when you did your last consistent database dump (DUMP DB),
you can choose to re-load the database dump or go through the complete
dump/load/audit process. If you use a prior database dump, you will lose any
changes made since that dump, and you will have some post-recovery auditing
to do on disk storage pool volumes. You'll also have to determine what, if any
changes were made to tapes, and take appropriate action (i.e. if the tape was
added to ADSM's inventory after the last database dump, return it to scratch;
if the tape was deleted from ADSM's inventory after the last database dump,
check to see if it has since been written over, etc.).

If you choose the dump/load/audit process, it will take longer (the audit
process can take quite some time, depending on the size of your ADSM
database). But it will allow you to bring your database back to it's most
current state.

If you are unsure how to proceed, you should open up a problem with your
local IBM branch for assistance. If you can not get help through that
path, then e-mail me back and I'll assist you through the process.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support