ADSM-L

Mac client problem

1996-12-18 11:34:00
Subject: Mac client problem
From: Lio FROST-AINLEY <frost AT PPE.MSM.CERN DOT CH>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:34:00 +0100
On our server, we have only one Mac-client (We're basically Unix or=20
Netware). Since installation this client has worked fine. Just recently it=20
has started to fail. After selecting any volume for backup, the client=20
appears to start normally, but then after 20 seconds or so, it just hangs.=20
From the server-side the session can be cancelled or it times-out. But on=20
the Mac nothing happens at all. There is no response to the "Stop" button,=20
and the only way out is to re-boot the Mac.

Can anyone offer any ideas ?

Lio.Frost-Ainley AT cern DOT ch

CERN
1211 Geneva 23