ADSM-L

Re: Mac client problem

1996-12-19 17:20:21
Subject: Re: Mac client problem
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 17:20:21 EST
On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:34:00 +0100 Lio FROST-AINLEY said:
>On our server, we have only one Mac-client (We're basically Unix or=20
>Netware). Since installation this client has worked fine. Just recently it=20
>has started to fail. After selecting any volume for backup, the client=20
>appears to start normally, but then after 20 seconds or so, it just hangs.=20
>From the server-side the session can be cancelled or it times-out. But on=20
>the Mac nothing happens at all. There is no response to the "Stop" button,=20
>and the only way out is to re-boot the Mac.
>
>Can anyone offer any ideas ?

Did you just upgrade the Mac to use Open Transport?  If so, there are known
problems with earlier versions of Open Transport that ADSM runs into.
I believe the latest version of Open Transport works much better with ADSM.
The latest version is OT v1.1.1

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Network & Computing Systems        Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601