ADSM-L

adsm win32 client and optfile option

1996-12-16 22:14:56
Subject: adsm win32 client and optfile option
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:14:56 EST
I have two adsm servers running on VM, One production version 1 server
and one test version 2 server. I have a windows nt pc with the adsm
admin client installed. I was looking at a way to use the admin gui
client to connect to either server.
I found the optfile option in the client install book and tried to
create a second admin client icon with this option set to point to the
second server. That is it pointed to a second dsm option file which
pointed to the second server.
But I received an error message instead of the results
that I hoped for. Then I checked the write file with the client options
shipped with ptf 5. It said that the optfile option was only used for the
backup/archive gui client.

Will this option be extended to the windows32 client with the coming ptf 6?

PS Is it possible that ptf 6 will make it out of the barn before the
   coming holidays.?

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513