ADSM-L

how many adsm servers should one run on one mainframe

1996-12-16 22:24:51
Subject: how many adsm servers should one run on one mainframe
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:24:51 EST
Good Evening

We have been growing the number of clients that we backup with adsm.
For now we are not having any problems finishing the backups
overnight. But our db is growing. We are now at 42% of 3.7 gig of
3390 space.

By this time next year this should be several times as large.
How do other sites determine when they should create a separate
adsm server instead of just added clients and disk space to
an existing server?  I would like to do this before we hit a performance
wall.

Thanks for any help with this question.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513