ADSM-L

Authentication in ADSM Webshell

1996-12-16 15:58:44
Subject: Authentication in ADSM Webshell
From: Allen George Supynuk <Allen.Supynuk AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 13:58:44 -0700
We've started looking at the ADSM Webshell. We're running it on AIX
4.1.X. We're quite impressed so far, except for the user authentication
features. As far as we can tell, it requires a separate password file
to be set up in /etc/security/adsm/adsmweb.ws . We have 37,000 accounts
in our AFS site, and are extremely reluctant to set up any other form
of authentication system. Our questions:

1) Are we correct in assuming that we have to authenticate this way?
2) Is there some way of customizing authentication for our purposes?
3) Assuming the answers are yes and no, then could someone from IBM
provide a binary that used AFS authentication instead of the current
system? (We would be happy to supply the code to do this.)
---
Allen Supynuk                  | Sessional Lecturer, Computing Science
Allen Supynuk                  | Sessional Lecturer, Computing Science
Team Leader, Unix Systems, CNS | Email: Allen.Supynuk AT ualberta DOT ca
352 GSB, University of Alberta | VOICE: (403) 492-9353
Edmonton, AB Canada T6G 2H1    | FAX:   (403) 492-1729