ADSM-L

Re: Return Codes

1996-12-12 07:06:10
Subject: Re: Return Codes
From: Heiko Andresen <andresen AT DRESDNERBANK DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 13:06:10 +0100
> Tim,
>=20
> Thank you very much for your help.
>=20
> I grant you that the -deletefile switch woud provide a partial solution=
 to the
> simple specific example that I was mentionning. One would still not kno=
> whether the operation has been successful or not at the exit of dsmc, t=
hough,
> unless one starts to analyse logs or to check whether the archived file=
s have
> been actually deleted.
>=20
> I (and apparently, many others) still would like to see dsmc to provide
> sensible and documented return codes, hence providing another of the fe=
atures
> of the better behaved unix commands.

I am one of the many others, I strongly agree on that issue

--=20
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
   ***     Heiko Andresen            Internet: andresen AT dresdnerbank DOT de
  ** **    Dresdner Bank AG             Voice: ++49 69 263 10276
 **   **   OR IT-SY B                     FAX: ++49 69 263 5062
  *****    Windm=FChlstr. 14
           D-60301 Frankfurt am Main