ADSM-L

ADSM Device availability after a reboot

1996-12-11 09:31:54
Subject: ADSM Device availability after a reboot
From: "P.A Walmsley" <P.A.Walmsley AT DL.AC DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 14:31:54 +0000
I have been running ADSM for some time now on RS6K box running AIX4.1.4.
Today was the first time I had to reboot the box since installing ADSM.
(nothing to do with ADSM I must add).

After the reboot the ADSM server on this box reported that the DLT4700
unit, both library and driv, were not initialised. After probing around
I discovered that the devices were marked as defined rather than
available
in the ODM.

e.g.

lsdev -Cc library

gave

lb0 Defined 00-04-00-0,1 ADSM library

To fix the problem I issued a 'mkdev' command which made them
available.

Has anybody else seen this type of problem before?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Walmsley