ADSM-L

ADSM V2R1M10 CPU Resource Consumption

1996-12-11 16:29:00
Subject: ADSM V2R1M10 CPU Resource Consumption
From: Hans Beierle <hbeier01 AT DE.EDS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 13:29:00 -0800
We just recently have installed V2R1M10 for our ADSM MVS servers. The
very good news is, that 'Q OCC', which we have to run daily for
accounting purposes, is now down from about 90min per server to less than
1 min. The CPU consumption is much much less than before.
The bad news is, that we notice increased CPU utilization for tape
related processes like migration and reclamation without runtime
reductions. Is this unique to our installation or have other MVS users
made the same experience ? In general, ADSM CPU usage is a major concern
in our environment (beside performance/throughput of course).
--