ADSM-L

Win 32 bit client questions

1996-10-24 18:03:44
Subject: Win 32 bit client questions
From: James WHITNEY <James.Whitney AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 17:03:44 CDT
     We are in the process of establishing ADSM as a backup service for the
     campus.  I recently installed the Win 32 bit client on my Win95
     desktop, and have successfully been backing up the desktop to ADSM/MVS
     for several weeks.  Problems have occurred recently when I made some
     changes to the dsm.opt file.

     1. The administrator asked that I establish the SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
     parameter.  I made the opt file change, stopped and restarted the
     client, and still see the message:

     Polling method will be used if server currently supports it.

     when the adsm client starts.  What are we doing wrong?  Any suggestions?

     2. I am attempting to exclude some files from backup.  I believe that
     the exclude statements are not being processed, based on the
     following:

     From the opt file:
     Exclude C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\Cache\*

     and from the dsmsched.log file:
     10/24/1996 00:14:59 Normal File-->
     622,592 C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\Cache\fat.db  Sent

     What am I doing wrong?
     Any suggestions?

     Thanks,
     Jim Whitney