ADSM-L

ADSM/Backint SAP R3 interface Version count problem.

1996-10-24 19:50:50
Subject: ADSM/Backint SAP R3 interface Version count problem.
From: Peter Zutenis <appm014 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 09:50:50 +1000
Hello All,      =09

I am in the middle of installing some new SAP R/3 instances and I wish =
to use IBM's BACKINT product to interface to ADSM.      =09

The problem I am facing is on versioning control. When backint goes to =
delete the oldest version, the session with ADSM times out after 15 =
mins. Querying the session shows it is idle and not doing work so the =
server kills the session. The BRBACKUP session that is running on the =
SAP node will appear to hang. I have to ctrl-c the backup session. I =
have backed out from using version control and gone back to date =
retention (which works find) so that this problem wont affect me. I =
would still like to use version control.=20

My software levels are:

AIX 4.1.4 running on an IBM RS/6000 SP.
adsm.admin.obj             2.1.0.1  COMMITTED  ADSM Administrator GUI =
Client
adsm.base.obj              2.1.0.1  COMMITTED  ADSM Backup/Archive =
Client
adsm.client.admin          2.1.0.3  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - =
Administrative
adsm.client.base           2.1.0.3  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - =
Backup/Archive
adsm.client.common         2.1.0.3  COMMITTED  ADSM Client - Common =
Files
adsm.common.obj            2.1.0.1  COMMITTED  ADSM Common Files
adsmserv.base.obj          2.1.0.4  COMMITTED  ADSM Server Version 2 =
Release
SAP R/3 3.0d=20
IBM BACKINT for ADSM release 1.3.3

I did read a note in SAP OSS that this problem could happen if using =
parallel sessions to the ADSM Server. The note recommended to use a =
single session. I changed the number of sessions from 2 to 1 but this =
didnt make any difference.

I would appreciate any help/advice on the above. Thankfully, we are not =
yet production on the SAP R3 systems so I have plenty of "play" time!.=20

Thanks in Advance,

Peter Zutenis
Principal Systems Programmer
Philip Morris Information Services Ltd