ADSM-L

ADSM and SQL-BackTrack

1996-10-18 20:00:19
Subject: ADSM and SQL-BackTrack
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:00:19 EDT
What I think is happening is that SQL-BackTrack V1 used the ADSM archive
copygroup, so files were expiring.  With SQL-BackTrack V2 you can use
either a backup copygroup or archive copygroup.  If you use a backup
copygroup, you should have this problem, unless there is some utility
(similar to DB2/6000) that deletes the data and causes the copies on
the ADSM server to become inactive.  We will be investigating all of these
alternatives with BackTrack, EBU, and Informix On-Bar over the next
couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll have a definitive answer for you by then.
thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM - San Jose)