ADSM-L

Re: ADSM not recognizing platform change

1996-10-15 16:21:27
Subject: Re: ADSM not recognizing platform change
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 16:21:27 EDT
On Tue,  15 Oct 1996 15:36:12  EST Dean Roy said:  I just noticed that  when I
>upgrade a Windows 3.1 machine to Windows  95 and replace the ADSM client with
>the 32-bit client that the ADSM server still lists the machine as a "Windows"
>machine, NOT "Win95". It seems that a machine
>is only recognized as Win95 if the node is deleted and recreated.
>
>Is this a bug or a feature IBMers?

The same  problem shows up  when someone has a  mac with adsm  installed. Then
they remove the mac and install a new machine with windows 95. If they use the
same adsm nodename without an adsm  delete node command. The adsm server lists
the machine as a "MAC" machine NOT "Win95".

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513