ADSM-L

Backing up 500 gb/ hour

1996-10-11 08:34:11
Subject: Backing up 500 gb/ hour
From: Matti Harvala <Matti.Harvala AT NMP.NOKIA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:34:11 +0300
> Hi,
>         Anyone heard about the Openvision press release,
>
>         Apparently they are able to back up about 504 gigabytes
>         of data, (oracle database) using their netbackup product.
>
>         Sounds good, we use adsmpipe and get at most 10 gigabytes
>         an hour at most, even if Openvision are being a bit
>         optimistic, even 200 gb an hour sounds great.
>
>         We will be attempting to backup 14 Tb databases next year
>          it will take us a year to do!!!!
>

>         Any plans to make ADSM fster would be great !!

I would not believe it immediately....

The environment was surely built for that kind of testing not real
life.....

  Best Regards,
  Matti Harvala
  Unix System Manager
  Salo IT Computing Services

Matti Harvala       *  Phone:  +358 (0)10 505 2254
Nokia Mobile Phones *  Fax:    +358 (0)10 505 2899
P.O. Box 86         *  Mobile: +358 (9)40 556 5931
24101 SALO FINLAND  *  E-mail: matti.harvala AT nmp.nokia DOT com