ADSM-L

Re: Backing up 500 gb/ hour

1996-10-14 08:37:17
Subject: Re: Backing up 500 gb/ hour
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 07:37:17 -0500
     All I have to say is where did they get their network lines ? ? ?

     There is already a backup piece that will backup infinite terabytes in
     a four (yes, 4) hour time... but it is rack dasd with DLT drives in
     the back half of the drawer...so 10 drawers would be 80 drives and 10
     DLT's...  each drawer takes 4 hours to back up but run independently
     of each other soooo a bazillion drawer system would still only take
     four hours to back up...  all local though... no "over the network"
     backups.
     In case you are wondering... it is IPL systems in Dallas Tx...
                                  (I'm not advertising, just informing)
     later
          Dwight