ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Unix Client and MAXDSIZ

1996-10-10 11:06:39
Subject: Re: ADSM Unix Client and MAXDSIZ
From: Alan Edmonds <alan AT ERNEST.ITG.TI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:06:39 -0500
> FYI for sites with large Unix clients.  We had a problem with backups on
> an HP-UX ADSM client failing every night with "ANS4033E System ran out
> of memory".  The ADSM client had allocated all 128MB of the maximum data
> segment size allowed for a single process.  We increased the HP-UX
> MAXDSIZ kernel parameter to 192MB and backups now run to completion.

I have/had a similar problem with filesystem on hpux 10.10.  I still
haven't increased MAXDSIZ enough though.  I can back the filesystem up
with the incre slow=yes option though.  We do incr backups here
initiated from the server; is there any way to have the client use
the slow-yes option just for this one filesystem?

--
Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY                          Texas Instruments, Inc.
Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY                          Texas Instruments, Inc.