ADSM-L

ANS4017E on large NTFS drive

1996-09-03 19:58:29
Subject: ANS4017E on large NTFS drive
From: Jim White <jwwhite AT SRP DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 16:58:29 -0700
We have an NTS 3.51 (Service Pack 4) machine with a 32GB NTFS partition
housing 252,000+ files.  The server is running the ADSM 2.1.3 client,
our ADSM/MVS server is at 1.1.13 (I know, it's ancient...).  Anyway,
incremental backups fail routinely with the "ANS4017E Session rejected:
TCP/IP connection failure" error after processing 209,000 files (per the
session log).  The value of SLOWINCREMENTAL seems to have no bearing on
the problem.  COMMTIMEOUT on the server is currently set to 900.  What
other options should I be looking at to get this solved?

Thanks,
Jim White
SRP
jwwhite AT srp DOT gov