ADSM-L

Re: Novell LIBUP8 problems

1996-08-19 16:24:00
Subject: Re: Novell LIBUP8 problems
From: "Kuhn, Steve" <AEGISLAN/AEGIS/KUHNS%Aegis AT MCIMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:24:00 EST
LIBUP8 is a definite problem.  We rec'd anecdotal info from (2) major
vendors that its CLIB was buggy (it was causing overwrites of a variety of
NLMs on our servers); from a VAR in the area that it caused crazy
utilization on Netware 4.x; and InfoWorld p 106, 8/12/96 documents that it
changes login scripts (which also happened to us).  We've backed out to
LIBUP7.

Steve Kuhn, Network Manager, Aegis Insurance Services, Inc., Jersey City NJ
kuhns%aegis AT mcimail DOT com  201.521.4565