ADSM-L

Re: Need suggestion for SCSI controller for ADSM/2 server with Compaq Proliant

1996-08-09 10:08:05
Subject: Re: Need suggestion for SCSI controller for ADSM/2 server with Compaq Proliant
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:08:05 -0500
Todd,

You won't believe this but we are running WarpServer with the BT-946C
cards. We never had any problems. My guess is that the problem was
not with your card but probably has something to do with motherboard
design. Many PC manufacturer's motherboards are not completely
implementing the PCI interface standards. A card will work in one
slot and not in another. Also, with WarpServer IBM changed a lot
about how SCSI devices are handled. In particular the SCSI
indenitifaction code was completely re-written to improve
performance. Devices that were tape02$ in OS/2 2.1 are now tape12$.
So you must make the adjustment in ADSM.

When you say the card didn't work what do you mean?

Reg's
Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager
The Protein/DNA Technology Center