ADSM-L

Show Volumeusa

1996-08-02 15:51:38
Subject: Show Volumeusa
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:51:38 MST
>   We tried the 'SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE node' command (to get all the tapes
>associated with a particular node), and we LIKE IT a lot!
>   QUESTION:  Is this command able to be done for a COPY pool?  When we
>run the Show Volumeusage command, the tape volsers we get back are all
>volsers from the primary stgpool. We make copies of these for disaster
>(we do BA STG storagepool copypool) and move them offsite. It would be
>REALLY REALLY USEFUL if we'd be able to use the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE command
>to also get a list of the Offsite tapes for a node.

The Show Volumeusage command does not show copy storage pool volumes.  This
is not a supported command, so it will not be enhanced or serviced.  That's
the bad news.

The good news is that we intend to replace this with a supported command
that will provide similar information.  I don't think the details
have been worked out, but the new command should display information
about copy storage pool volumes.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development