ADSM-L

Show Volumeusa

1996-08-06 09:33:48
Subject: Show Volumeusa
From: Betsy Moir <Elizabeth.Moir AT VM.SSW.ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 08:33:48 -0500
To: OAS     --LMS1

FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
      VM Tech Services
      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com

Hello everyone -

I tried using the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE node command with no results.  ADSM just
sort of blinked at me and returned me to the command line.  Is this strictly
a version 2 command?  We use VM as our server, and version 2 isn't available
for us yet.

Thanks.

Betsy
*** Forwarding note from OWNERAD1--INTERNET 96/08/02 14:06 ***

TO:          INTERNET  Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L
FROM: OWNERAD1 INTERNET
DATE: 08/02/96 14:06
SUBJECT: Show Volumeusa
COPYLIST:
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3
Re: SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE command
Hello -
   We tried the 'SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE node' command (to get all the tapes
associated with a particular node), and we LIKE IT a lot!
   QUESTION:  Is this command able to be done for a COPY pool?  When we
run the Show Volumeusage command, the tape volsers we get back are all
volsers from the primary stgpool. We make copies of these for disaster
(we do BA STG storagepool copypool) and move them offsite. It would be
REALLY REALLY USEFUL if we'd be able to use the SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE command
to also get a list of the Offsite tapes for a node.
                                                       Debbie Yoder
                                                       GPU Service
                                                       dyoder AT gpu DOT com

The SHOW COMMAND is perfect since we are using collocation and would like to
get a list of tapes required to restore a single node.  Which manual has the
documentation for this command?