ADSM-L

Skipping files during restore

1996-07-16 12:17:42
Subject: Skipping files during restore
From: Jeff Renicker <jrenicker AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 12:17:42 EDT
Thanx for the reply Tim!

While nosing around IBMLink I found an apar (IC13838) which describes my
problem exactly.  In a nutshell, the apar states that restoring read-only
files from tape causes the ANS4104E message to be issued.  Restoring that same
file from disk works correctly (i.e. the file is restored without the message).

We're going to try performing a selective full volume backup of the source
server's SYS: volume sending the data to a disk storage pool.  When the backup
completes a restore will be started to the target Netware system.  Hopefully
the retry/skip/abort message won't appear.  I'll let you know what happens...

Jeff Renicker
jrenicker AT vnet.ibm DOT com