ADSM-L

ADSM and DB2/2 BACKUP

1996-07-01 03:14:36
Subject: ADSM and DB2/2 BACKUP
From: "Michael Cooper Zurich CSD S'wood (600)7630 GBZURMCP - GBZURH00" <gbzurmcp AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 03:14:36 EDT
Regarding Database backup : ADSM and DB/2
Regarding Database backup : ADSM and DB/2

We have a number of DB2/2 ( Version 1.2 ) databases which we would like to
back up by integrating ADSM with the DB2/2 userexit. We wish also to use the
quiesce option; then for database backup, zip the files to create a package
and call ADSM to backup that package.

This will enable us to front the restore process to support multiple versions
of the backup ( without having to specify files individually).

My problem is that PKZIP gets an error for various files, and states that it
cannot open these files. All is OK if the product/programs which use the
database are stopped and the quiesce option is removed from the backup command.

The command being issued is : DBM BACKUP DATABASE "X" ALL TO 0 WITH QUIESCE
which in turn invokes       : PKZIP2 X.ZIP X.DAT

So far all of the partitions have been OS2 2.1 HPFS.

Has anyone had similar experiences with DB2 1.2 backups or any suggestions how
to correct this.

Regards,
Mike