ADSM-L

Re: query filespace

1996-06-24 14:11:02
Subject: Re: query filespace
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:11:02 EST
I hate to argue but your clarification is incorrect!

        My server (AIX 2.1.7) will displays any filespace over 2GB
as having a capacity of 2048 MB. This happens on all filespace regardless
of size.
        For example I have a 2.7 GB filespace that ADSM tells me is 2048 MB.
This is well under the 4 GB limit you mention...

> >One thing to be careful of with the query filespace command:
> >
> >        it only handles filespaces which are smaller than 2 GB!
> >

> >All file spaces which are over 2 GB in size are reported as 2GB capacity
> >I have this problem on our Auspex Client which has serveral filespaces
> >which are over 2GB. Everything backs up ok, but the "q fi" numbers are
> >not even close.
> >
> >I'm running the 2.1.7 server on AIX box - I am not sure if this happens
> >on all servers.
>
> Clarification of this problem:
>
> To the best of my knowledge, this problem occurs only for filespaces
> whose capacity is greater than or equal to 4 GB.  For these filespaces,
> Query Filespace displays capacity values that are 4 GB smaller
> than the actual value.  For example, if the actual filespace size is
> 4,300,498,944 bytes, Query Filespace would display a value of
> 5.3 MB (4,300,498,944 - 4,294,967,296). Values for % utilization
> will also be incorrect for such filespaces.
>
> This problem existed on all server platforms and releases and has been
> fixed for all servers.  As with any fix, the availability will vary
> by platform and release.
>
> Dave Cannon
> ADSM Server Development

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083