ADSM-L

Re: INTERNET MAIL

1996-05-29 07:13:56
Subject: Re: INTERNET MAIL
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 07:13:56 -0400
I've used FDR and DSF to backup and restore our ADSM database, recovery
logs, and disk storage pools in the past and have experience no
problems.  Needless to say ADSM should be down when you back it up.  I
know there were some issues with FDR restoring linear VSAM datasets
(which is what ADSM uses) between unlike device types (3380 --->
3390)... this was fixed with either a zap or at a certain maintenance
level. (V5.2.32 ???).

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com